Thursday 8 March 2012

thats it.

last breakfast, drik, dhaka, 7th march 2012

a conversation about my maid. if she earns more because getting paid by my hosts, two social concerned rich people.

sadia: i think, it is about what you leave behind. you know, you pay her now more and then you leave and she has to get back to an old system. i know it is unfair but it is important to be aware. of the effects you have. also I think it is important never to restrict any people. they should be able to do whatever they want. she says, also.

i think, she talked about English colonial times. people came and gave them work but never allowed them to do their own business. restricted them, not just in physical freedom, but in their mind and self-confidence, creativity.

car to airport, dhaka, 7th march 2012

column, dhaka, 7th march 2012

toilet, dhaka, 7th march 2012


passangers, dhaka, 7th march 2012
i am leaving today. my last day. strange, feel surreal, no clear feelings of sadness, happiness, excitement, but also not a normal day.

transition phases, hate that, not anymore here, still not there. emptiness. On both ends. i am already expecting the time for memory, and nostalgic.
 
sky 1, dhaka, 7th march 2012

sky2, dhaka, 7th march 2012

sky3, dhaka, 7th march 2012
One thing I always get back into my mind is a friends comment. back in england, before I left. i never gonna live abroad again. cause i realized, that I will never be part of the society, does not matter how long I liver there. I always be james the foreigner..

man, airport, dhaka, 7th march 2012

trolley, aiport, dhaka, 7th march 2012

foot to the plane, airport, dhaka, 7th march 2012

on the plane, dhaka, 7th march 2012

in the car, dhaka, 7th march 2012





No comments: