Monday 16 April 2012

feeling...

seller, trainstation, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012
 
I have some idea why I am here Because of the german bakery initially, and because of a theater project, because of laila actually.

Laila is an old friend of mine. She studied with me in London, years ago, conceptual photography. She never liked the course, far too much about theory, too less about practice. The picture.

landscape1, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012
house, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012

Conceptual photography is all about the theory. What does a photograph mean? What can it do and how can we think about it, push it and hopefully find something new. Laila’s interest was all about the picture and the story. What is a good picture? how can I make a story? And above: take images instead of talking about it. I am in between. Just taking pictures for the sake of content and appearance is important, but not everything. Thinking about responsibility, communication and approach is fundamental. I think.

landscape2, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012
water, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012
Laila is indian. She went back from London after a couple of years. Now she is doing a lot of things. One was to be in pune and organize a theater festival. I should come. See her and then be the photographer. I agreed, because of the german bakery even better.

The german bakery was bombed two years ago, maybe a story, maybe not, lets see.

Sometimes you have straight stories. You research, contact people, go there, shoot. Maybe publish it then. The german bakery was different. I just had some clues, some research, no contacts, just a bit of feeling. You never know if that is enough, a feeling, but good enough to combine it. and even after laila’s theater festival got cancelled it was good enough.

field, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012
storage, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012
landscape2, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012
landscape3, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012

Emotions, feelings is a good intuition. Intuition is an accumulation of a good knowledge and experience set of your own. So good that you do not think anymore if something makes sense on a rational level. I think.

river, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012



landscape2, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012

river2, between delhi and pune, april 14th 2012

And it felt good to be in pune. comfortable getting my luggage stored up, talking to strangers, getting my car, fighting with him about the fare and accusing him of cheating, going to my place to stay.

Not sure if it just felt good because of the topic or because I am getting better in travelling, starting a routine in travelling

bridge,  pune, april 14th 2012

No comments: