Sunday 20 May 2012

just another story

boy1, train, between cst and bandra, mumbai, may 2012


I get off they are running behind me, shouting. Something. Not sure.  I ran . try to be faster, my backpack on my shoulders, between crowd, standing rickshaws.

I am not scared, no way. I just cannot be bothered in a conversation, about money, my money for them, or where I am from. Might be a stereotype but you better make sure.

boy2, train, between cst and bandra, mumbai, may 2012

But than it is my fault. If you take images of people without asking what can you expect.

One leg on the train floor, one outside. His hang hugging the post. Talking to a friend. Looking outside.

Red shirt, brown trousers, no shoes. A pink thing in his hand. Pressing it against his mouth, not eating it. pressing. Holding it . looking and talking. He turns around talks with the girl. Confident. Calm. Not a shower off.

boy3, train, between cst and bandra, mumbai, may 2012

He is maybe 12 years old. I cannot tell, never tell. He is small. But probably did this train rides for his whole life, jump on, jump off. Just for a few stops.

His friend is behind him, quiet.  He is one of the cool ones. Definitely. I think.

No comments: